Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Gingerbread is for.... Easter?



Yep, it is - in our house this year anyway! In our house, it is a tradition to decorate a gingerbread house for Christmas and, two years ago, we started including our LN littlest niece in the fun she was finally big enough then!. The kids all enjoy it and it makes for some VERY cute pictures!

So, the week before Easter, my SIL, BIL, and LN came over for the evening and brought a gingerbread house for the kids to decorate. And decorate they did! They were very serious about the whole thing. They each took a side to decorate and the Mommies each took a camera to photograph the whole thing!

All in all, it took about 30 minutes to complete. But, the memories will last a lifetime.

I think a new tradition has begun!


2 comments:

Kirsten said...

great tradition! think I may include it next year in my house

JennC said...

If you can believe it, I've never made a gingerbread house either? I know, pretty sheltered. I love your Easter house!!! Next year!